Now is the time for a New Year’s Resolution to reduce the number of UFOs living in your closet! You can join the fun and be entered in the raffle at the end of the year by finishing an old project.
To be eligible for the UFO challenge, the item:
* can be a quilt or quilted wearable, etc.
* must have been started (fabric was cut) before Jan 1, 2017.
* must have been totally finished before the April 2018 meeting.
You must show it and identify it as a finished UFO at show and tell during a guild meeting, and submit a special slip to Kathy Murphy.
Page 37 Challenge
Let's celebrate the 37th year of our guild with a creative challenge!
Select a non-quilting magazine
and turn to page 37. Let this page be your inspiration; the colors, shapes, patterns, textures, subject
matter, the words or phrases, whatever it is that "speaks" to you; brainstorm ideas as to how you use that inspiration to create a quilted item.
There will be two categories:
* small: wall hangings, table runners, totes, etc. with a perimeter smaller
* large: larger wall hangings and quilts with a perimeter of 144" or larger, and wearables.
Please choose a project which can be completed by our April 23rd meeting. We will vote on a winner in each size category, and then plan to hang the projects in our May show. Please keep your magazine page to show with your item.
Any questions, feel free to email Jean Haight. We all look forward to what inspires you!